Planning Analyst / GIS (Montreal)
Copenhagenize Design Co. is looking for a sharp, passionate, and enthusiastic planning analyst to join the team in our small, yet growing North American office in Montreal, Canada.
We’re seeking a candidate who is constantly seeking new inspiration to help us tackle diverse project work, ask the right questions, and focus on a creative solution approach. The right candidate doesn’t have to love bicycles (it helps though) but believes in the bicycle as a tool for building life-sized cities and is inclined to use a bicycle in their daily life. More importantly you can identify with the following:
- You have an interest in urbanism, anthropology and society simply because you can't help yourself.
- You have spent at least some time in Denmark or the Netherlands and GET best-practice bicycle urbanism.
- You can switch between working independently and as a part of a small, growing and international team.
- You have an academic background in urban planning, architecture and design, or geography.
- You have a sharp mind for spatial analysis and a strong eye for visual communication, and can explain innovative ideas to the 99%.
- You speak English fluently – it's the working language at Copenhagenize – and you are especially comfortable writing in English.
- You love Montreal and are fun to drink with.
- 2-4 years experience working in the world of urbanism
- Professional GIS experience in QGIS and/or ArcGIS
- A strong working knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Illustrator/InDesign)
- A degree in urban planning, geography or related (ideally a masters)
- Conversational/writing ability in English (ideally French too)
- Ability to work legally in Canada
- Analyzing spatial and geographic data and existing city plans
- Developing strategies, maps and analyses for bicycle networks
- Preparing insightful and clear visualizations
- Contributing to new business and client relations
- One year full-time contract from September 2018
- 5 weeks vacation
- Apple iMac preloaded with QGIS and Adobe Suite
- Work travel opportunities
- Engaging and tight-knit work environment with a small team in Montreal, Canada
Send your application to email@example.com and write "PLANNING ANALYST!" in the subject field. With the exclamation mark, please. Tell us why you'd make a great addition to our small, growing international team. And send over some work you've done – show off a bit!