Every year, Copenhagenize Design Co. welcomes a team of passionate interns from around the world. We've had the pleasure of working with over 75 interns since 2009. Being a small social enterprise, we offer internships with a stipend and loads of experience in an company that prides itself on being never normal.
We receive hundreds of applications and are consistently thrilled that so many people from around the world want to help bring the bicycle back to our cities. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all submissions, so please don't take it personally. The selection process is tough, to be honest.
Copenhagenize Design Co. is based in Copenhagen but we operate on a global scale, with offices and active project work in Montreal, Brussels and Barcelona. In all of our offices we work with cities, organizations, governments and private companies on urban design, planning, communications and research/education. Every day, we work between offices, sharing knowledge, ideas and time.
All Copenhagenizers are passionate about their work and the vision we share. The strength of our team is a key factor in helping us inspire and motivate each other. We will expect a lot from you and you can expect a lot from us.
Before you apply...
You are passionate, enthusiastic and constantly seeking new inspiration. You have an interest in urbanism, anthropology and society simply because you can't help yourself. You don't see problems, you see solutions. You don't have to love bicycles (it helps a bit, though) but you believe in the role of the bicycle as a tool towards building life-sized cities.
You can switch between working independently and as a part of the team. You are either a student of (or seeking to be) urban planning, architecture and design, or anthropology, marketing and communications. We're also keen to hear from graphic design students. Keep in mind that you must have completed at least the first two years of your education.
You have a good understanding of the dynamics of social media and what they mean to a brand and business strategy. You speak and write English fluently – it's the working language at Copenhagenize – and you are especially comfortable writing in English.
As a Copenhagenize intern you will not be wasting your time brewing coffee or making photocopies. We expect you to take an active part in the challenges we solve with our clients – both intellectually and socially.
Fall & Winter 2018
Fall & Winter 2018
- Priority is given to individuals who already know the company. Discovering the company through a "design + Copenhagen + urban planning" google search and firing off an email is not considered knowing the company.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can commit to between 4 to 6 months.
- You are adept at using the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop.
- You have data skillz with GIS or other spatial software.
- You have a background in - or are currently studying - urban planning, architecture, geography, anthropology, graphic design, design, marketing or communications. If you are coming at this from another angle, let us know how it fits in.
- If you're studying while seeking an internship, you need to commit at least 24 hours a week.
- And importantly... You are fun to drink with.